Monday, September 29, 2008

The scene makes me sickish

He crashed his car in a bad snow storm. She rescues him and begins nursing him back to health. This story haunts me on a re-occurring basis. I have never seen or thought of anything that causes my skin to crawl every time I think of it. And, for some reason, I think of it. The scene makes me sickish. I am not like that. I don't get sickish.

The scene is in a bedroom on a bed. Kathy Bates has rescued James Caan from the wreck near her house. She is scary, but you don't notice until the scene. Cann is an author who is "killing off Misery" in his last novel of a popular series. Kathy Bates is a fan of Misery's.

She walks in the bedroom with a sledge hammer. Cann can't move because of injuries. She puts a plank under his leg, swings the sledge hammer down, smashing his foot. In my recollection it actually shows the leg broken just above the ankle. Like deformed broken...his scream. My ankle feels weird when I think about it. And, I think about it. Misery

I can't figure out why I think about it. I rarely remember movie scenes let alone think about them. It's weird.

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it awful! Bruce can't stand to even think about that movie. Personally, I'm relieved that we are adverse to torture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't watch that movie at all. Lee

    ReplyDelete