Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Birds of the Alders at Lily Pond

I spent about an hour and a half photographing birds at Lily Pond in Lassen Volcanic National Park a week ago. I captured these six and saw several more species. If you can identify the Vireo please tell me. Also if I missed any let me know.

Yellow Warbler



Wilson's Warbler


Red-breasted Nuthatch


MacGillivrey's Warbler


Cassin's Vireo - Thank you Larry Jordan

Hermit Warbler

Visit my website to see American Pika and other wildlife photos I took on this trip.
http://www.jimarnoldphoto.com

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful captures Jim! I think the McGillivray's Warbler is my favorite and I believe that the 5th shot is a Cassin's Vireo.

    It sounds like you had lotsa fun up there! Those little songbirds are quick are they not?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so quick that if there weren't dozens of birds I wouldn't have gotten any images.

    Thanks for the ID, that's what I had decided, but having never ID'd a Cassin's Vireo I was hesitant to commit.

    ReplyDelete