Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Burney Falls in the Winter

Burney Falls

I took this photo a few years ago in December. It had snowed the night before so I thought I might catch a good snow scene at the falls. As you can see there is a little snow on the right side of the falls but definitely not a snow scene.

The area was so contrasty with white falls, light sky, and dark rocks and trees that I decided to try HDR. I also wanted a very high resolution image so I took four overlapping vertical shots at three different exposures each. After combining all these images (12) this is what I got. I also took numerous single shots at various exposures, none of which could render all the contrast.

Usually a photo from this spot, especially twelve exposures is not possible due to mist and spray. I had just the right wind conditions on this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment