Friday, November 5, 2010

Blogger Stats Are Fun

The blog stats are so cool. I'm not sure when Blogger started keeping stats, but it sure is fun to see where visitors to my site hail from. Of course most are from the United States, probably because that's where I am from. But second is Russia. Wow, who would have thought.

I only wish someone would leave comments or start a dialogue from these other countries. Maybe they can’t because of a language barrier. Oh well. Here are the next visitors in order of most visited: China, Ukraine, South Korea, Latvia (really?), Netherlands, UK, and Denmark, Germany, Slovenia (another really?), Poland. Australia and Austria used to be on the list, but not today. The stats only show the ten highest visitor count.

Blogger also lists the Browsers used to visit. Firefox (44%) is number one, then, IE (40%), Opera (7%), Safari (5%), Chrome, Netscape, Mobile, Shiretoko (what?). If you want to know operating systems: Windows (89%), Linux (4%), Mac (4%), Other Unix, and iPhone (thanks Cliff). The top ten posts viewed is also in there.

You can choose to view the stats for All time, Month, Week, Day, and Now. The Now option is not very helpful to me. I guess because I don’t have that many visitors where I actually catch them viewing my site.

But, it is fun.

2 comments:

  1. First comment:

    How do you view the stats?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I go to the Blogger:Dashboard and click on Stats. You can also access it in the design page.

    ReplyDelete